Monthly Recurring Payroll Items
- Payroll items that are paid on a monthly basis should be added as Monthly Recurring payroll items.
- Example: Parking allowance, childcare allowance, and overtime that is paid on a monthly basis.
- PCB should calculate based on the current year's normal remuneration formula.
- How about for payroll items that amount may vary from month to month? How to set it?
Sales teams, for example, receive a monthly commission as part of their salary/wages, which is considered normal remuneration. The amount may vary from month to month, but it should still be selected as recurring under the employee's profile but with the amount set to 0.
When running payroll(at Step 1 of Run Payroll(Adjustments)), you can enter the relevant figures for the item or leave it as 0(if no payout is made).
One-Off Payments Payroll Items
- Payroll items that are paid in one lump sum or periodical(not on a monthly basis), should be added as Additional Remuneration at Step 1 of Run Payroll(Adjustments).
- Examples would be, annual bonus, annual incentive, arrears of salary, and allowance(not paid monthly).
- PCB should calculate based on the current year's additional remuneration formula.