To create a purchase order(PO), there are only 3 minimum settings that you should configure.
- Set up Cost Center: Refer to Guideline to Create Cost Center
- Set up Supplier: Refer to Guideline to Create Supplier
- Set up Approval Rule: Refer to Guideline to Create Approval Rule
Other settings like manage main currency and manage templates are optional.
- Main Currency: Shall skip it. We have preselected the currency based on the company's country. You only need to update it in case it was different. It is used in procurement reporting to let you know the purchase amount counted is in which currency.
- Conversion Rate: Shall skip it if you only use 1 currency in all cost centers. The conversion rate is used in procurement reporting.
- Templates: Optional setting. It refers to a PO template. It is useful if you have to repeat the purchase.
- Financial Year: By default, it is 1st Jan every year.
- PO Formatting: Optional. Shall skip it, unless you want to customize your pdf Purchase Order.