Before we proceed, you may need to understand what is the definition of Shift and Shift Instances.
Shift - One or multiple days of shift that occurs at arbitrary dates. Can have different time and person on each day
Shift Instance - One of the day of the shift. You can have different shift time and person on duty on this day. Shift instance only used in repeating shift.
"Aug Mon Shift" was created. It is repeating shift, repeated weekly.
The shift duration is from 3 Aug 2020 - 31 Aug 2020, repeated weekly, only on Monday.
Now you want to update the shift on 17 Aug 2020. You want to add 1 employee and change the shift timings from 8.00am - 5.00pm --> 10.00am - 7.00pm.
Here is the guide on how to update a shift instance from the parent shift.
1) Access the shift management screen from the link https://hub.easywork.asia/dashboard/shift. Or from the hub menu, click on the "Shift".
2) From the shift calendar, navigate to the date: 17 Aug 2020, click on the shift instance that you want to update.
3) An "Update Shift" modal box would pop up. Select "Update Instance". You can only update the shift timings and employees.
Change Time from 10.00am - 7.00pm
And click "Select Employee" to assign employees.
4) After done, click the "Update" button to save.
Please make sure that before updating the shift instance, you are on the "Update Instance" page. Otherwise, the update would apply to the "Shift" parent.
5) If the shift instance updated is conflicted with others, a small alert icon would show beside it.
To resolve it,
-You may mouse over the alert icon to view the conflict.
-Click on the conflict. It will open the conflicted shift.
-You may update the conflicted shift.
-After done, reupdate the shift.
6) Once updating successfully, you may navigate to the date 17 Aug 2020 to check the changes applied.
Shift time has changed to 10.00am - 7.00pm and employee "Wei Tian Zhon" has been assigned to the shift.
Then, navigate to other shift instance on another, for example, 24 Aug to make sure the changes only applied on selected shift instance on 17 Aug. In other instances, we would only have employees "Cc Ya Ong", "dev01 f" and "dev02 f".