Before we start to add a new shift, please spend some time to understand the meaning of each form field.
(1) Title: It refers to the shift title. It is a REQUIRED field.
(2) Start Date: When the shift should start. The current date is the default value. It is a REQUIRED field.
(3) Color: Shift color, to ease the user to recognize the shift. Black is the default color. We offer 95 colors for selection. This is to ensure every shift added could show in a different color.
(4) Time: It refers to the shift timings. It is a REQUIRED field. The default time is from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
(5) Employee Slots: Set the min and max employees that can be assigned to the shift. Let's say "Min: 2, Max: 5", you must assign at least 2 but not greater than 5 employees.
If the field was let to be EMPTY, that is no limitation when you assigning employees.
(6) Repeat or No repeat: Option to create a repeating shift or non repeating shift. Since we are discussing the guideline to add a nonrepeating shift, so you have to select "No Repeat" option.
(7) Assignee: You can choose to assign the employees during shift creation or assign it after the shift has been added. The max assignee depends on the Min & Max number input at "Employee Slots". You may utilize the search bar & filter to refine employees.
(8) Publish on create: An option whether to publish the shift on creating or save it as a draft & publish it only when it is ready. If the shift was published, attendance daily report would prioritize shift start & end time over personal/company attendance setting. By default, the option is deselected which means the shift created will remain as a draft.
Now, you have a better understanding of what is the field represented. Let's start to learn how to create a non-repeating shift on a single day.
1) Access the shift management screen from the link https://hub.easywork.asia/dashboard/shift. Or from the hub menu, click on the "Shift".
2) Click the "Create" button on top. A "Create Shift" box would pop up.
3) Add a title in the box for shift title.
4) Update the shift color(optional), shift timings(required) and employee slots(optional).
5) Select the "No Repeat" option.
6) Select the assignee(optional)(you may assign it after that).
7) Tick the option "Publish on create" if it is ready. Else skip this step and proceed to Step 8.
8） Click "Submit" to add a shift. Shift added would show on the shift calendar.
- Congratulations. You have created a new shift.